Here’s the (anti-overwhelming) Enneagram Resources you wanted!
(*Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using those links*)
Enneagram Video Overview
Enneagram Quizzes (to help determine your type)
- Your Enneagram Coach: I love this resource because it approaches the Enneagram from a Christian point of view. What I didn’t like is that the email follow-up only focused on my top Type, which turned out not to be my primary Type.
- The FAST Enneagram Test: I like that this is one of that shorter Enneagram tests available, and the first one I took. I had a hard time identifying my Type with any of the tests, but I liked that this one gave me my top 3 Type scores and encouraged me to read them all. What I didn’t like as much is that it’s not the most “professional” looking site, and it’s a little confusing that he’s asking for donations to develop a better test.
- Enneagram Institute (RHETI-$12, last time I checked): This is the *official* Enneagram test, and will take a good 30-60 minutes to complete (hint: do it when the kids won’t interrupt you…). I like this test because it was the most accurate for me (I tied between 6 & 3, and turned out to be a 3). It also has the most in-depth articles and information about Enneagram subjects. When I had a hard time deciding which Type I really was, it was the articles on this website that were finally able to help me figure it out.
I haven’t read any of these…yet, of course…but they have been highly recommended to me by multiple people and are currently on my reading list! Order them on Amazon, or check with your local library:
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile: I’m told that this book is excellent at fleshing out what each Type can actually look like in real life. It is a highly recommended resource for anybody interested in learning more, and also for those who are having difficulty identifying which Type they are.
- The Path Between Us by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile: These are the same authors as above, but focuses more on how the different Enneagram Types interact with one another. I’m really looking forward to reading it, because the way I finally discovered my own Type was from reading about “Relationship Pairings”…my hubby is definitely a one, and the 1-3 described us perfectly!
- The Enneagram: A Christan Perspective by Richard Rohr: I love this option because I personally have a Christian worldview, and sometimes it gets tiring reading books where I have to constantly filter the author’s interpretations while I consider the Biblical alternatives for why things are the way they are.
Fun Enneagram Stuff!
- Sleeping At Last: Enneagram – At of the moment of writing, you can listen to this clever little album for free with Amazon Prime membership. Its relaxing music to listen to, with rather clever lyrics that describe one Enneagram Type in each song. (Looks like #4 is the most popular download…hmmm…)
- Leave a comment below to ask a question or tell me your Enneagram Type!