It’s almost time for the Green Smoothie 10-Day Adventure!!
It’s free to participate if you want to use your own recipes (and make your own grocery lists…).
But honestly? As much as I like this Tropical Berry Green Smoothie, I’d get really tired of drinking it after 10-days, lol.
(*Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using those links*)
Which is why I prefer to use 5 different smoothie recipes when I do the Adventure, with each recipe making enough for 2 days. That way, I:
- Get some variety (which is also good for nutritional reasons!),
- Only have to fire up the blender every other day, and
- Can take advantage of using the same ingredients in multiple recipes (so I don’t completely blow my grocery budget)
Which is why I offer the Premium Resource Package to make this Adventure soooo easy. You can grab the Green Smoothie recipes AND master grocery list in the MPM Boutique!
Now let’s talk blenders…
If this recipe seems too chunky after blending, there’s two things you should try:
- Add a bit more water to help the ingredients move down to the blades easier, or
- Get more horsepower!
Several years ago, we bought a 5200 Vitamix blender. The thing is a workhorse and I love it. It can seriously blend anything to a smooth, creamy consistency. But it is also a hefty investment…worth it, but still not cheap.
A more budget friendly option is the Ninja blender. A recent survey of Mamas in my Mommy Plus More Insiders FB Group swear by it , and it’s significantly less expensive. Someday when my current blender bites the dust (which I anticipate will still be a long, long time!), I think I would probably give the Ninja a try.
Tropical Berry Green Smoothie
- 3 handfuls Spinach
- 2-3 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup Almonds OR Cashews, raw & unsalted preferred
- 1 handful seedless Grapes, frozen OR fresh
- 1 Apple, cored & quartered
- 1 cup Mangos, frozen
- 1 cup Strawberries, frozen
- 2-4 drops food-safe Essential Oil (optional)
- Put Spinach and 2-cups of water in blender.
- Blend to liquify.
- Add all additional ingredients. (If your blender is on the smaller side, you can divide the ingredients in half and blend in two batches.)
- If mixture is too thick, add more water so it blends smoothly (or to your desired texture).
- Recipe makes approximately 5.5-6.5 cups, depending how much water you added. Divide into 2 servings, and enjoy!